Written by Dr. Adonia Terezides
It’s time for a consultation to discuss wisdom tooth removal if your teenager is experiencing any of the following:
- Pain or jaw stiffness near an impacted tooth (one that is either stuck under the gum or only able to partially break through the gum)
- Pain or irritation from a wisdom tooth coming in at an awkward angle and pressing against the nearby tooth or rubbing against the cheek, tongue or top or bottom of the mouth.
- A swelling or infection in the flap of the gum tissue that covers an impacted wisdom tooth that has only partially broken through the gum
- Teeth are becoming more crowded
- Development of tooth decay or gum disease because there isn’t enough room to properly care for the wisdom tooth and surrounding teeth
- Trapping of food under the flap of gum tissue covering a partially erupted wisdom tooth
If your teen is having any of these symptoms, call us today!